Thursday, February 19, 2009

Thursday Afternoon

The weather's picking up a lot. It's near 50 or so, clear sky, real sunny. It makes for a lovely day to go walking, but sadly there's nowhere around campus to go walking.

I would be going to a wine-tasting tonight, but I don't have the money. I had considered lying my way in, saying I donated to the last event the school held for Seniors. It could work, as I doubt they keep strict records of who donated what, and people do make mistakes...

Yesterday, I had to write a thank-you letter to this woman who had donated to a scholarship that specifically went to me. Thinking back on it now, I feel a little guilty for having to feign sincerity and show gratitude for something that I don't exactly know how it helped me.

It's great to see that people are donating to scholarships to help students, but...since I don't pay the bills, it doesn't directly affect me in that sense. I guess I need to work on this idea of "perspective", and realize that things don't have to directly affect me to be appreciated. So, uh...thanks again, Mrs. Long.

So, does anyone have anything fun to share about their experience(s) today? Anyone? Anyone?

No comments: