Saturday, December 20, 2008

Fleet Foxes

I've recently gotten my hands on Fleet Foxes' self-titled 2008 release.

It is absolutely brilliant in every regard.

"Tiger Mountain Peasant Song" is especially haunting, and the whole album just calls back to the 1960's when there was so much heart and love in music.

I can see why so many people and magazines have claimed this album to be in the top 50 of 2008, even top 10. I've seen a few place them at #1, with TV on the Radio's "Dear Science" album at #2. I'd say this is about right. I've never personally heard anything so...good in such a long time. It's so natural, and enjoyable. The whole album is so peaceful, it's unnerving. I really hope Fleet Foxes is here to stay. I'm picking up the LP as soon as I can for my collection.

Honestly, I don't care how you get a copy yourself, but do. You won't regret it. Seriously.

No comments: