Tuesday, November 4, 2008

NiN Last Night

I saw Nine Inch Nails last night.

It was unbelievably awesome.

I am still in awe.

For some reason, people kept trying to push me into mosh pits, despite my trying to move away from said pits. That was somewhat frustrating, but I got a few of the mashers in the back for trying to run me over.

There was a cat-fight before the show even started, which was funny.

At the tail end of "Hurt", some girl got on her guy's shoulders and flashed Trent. That was pretty awesome.

There was a lot of pot smoking during the Ghosts segments.
That wasn't as awesome, because I got hit in the face w/ smoke left and right.

Nails played a ton of music, a lot more than I expected, but was glad to see.

He started off with stuff from The Slip, then went to With Teeth songs, and then hit up staples like March of the Pigs, Wish, Last, and did a number of Ghosts songs with Year Zero stuff here and there. They did a few more staples like Hurt, The Wretched, another Slip song, and finished out with Year Zero works.

The backgrounds and themes were absolutely stunning.

March of the Pigs was definitely the most moshy song and everyone was in on it.

Trent also let us know that when playing The Hand that Feeds, this would be the last time they used that particular background, so at least I feel honored for that. Basically, it was a giant photo of Bush that, throughout the song, transformed into McCain. I don't know if there was any symbolism implied by that....surely not.... >_> Either way, it was an incredibly smooth transition and was pretty freakin' awesome.

I wish I could go see them perform every night. I hope to get enough money to go to a series of shows in a row some time.

I also wish you could have been there. I had fun, but it just didn't feel right.
I'll make it up to you, I swear.

1 comment:

Writer4HigherTruth said...

^________^

Im so glad you had a fun time!!!!
:D
*dances*
I <3 NIN.